RELATIONSHIP COUNSELLING TO RESTORE THE LOVE BETWEEN CALGARY COUPLES
No relationship is perfect and when things aren’t going well, most people do their best to try to restore the love that was once there. But even with the best of intentions, some couples require assistance from an unbiased third party to help them work through their issues. Some signs that you and your loved one could benefit from relationship counselling include:
- Lack of communication – once open communication has dissipated, it can be difficult to get back in the right direction.
- Negative communication – when there is dialogue but one partner is left feeling judged, shamed, disregarded or insecure.
- When your partner is an adversary – couples should be a cohesive unit rather than feeling like you’re on different sides.
- Living separate lives – when there’s a lack of communication, conversation and intimacy, leaving feelings of simply “co-existing.”
- Significant change in sex life – if you’ve been together for a while, substantial changes in the bedroom can be an indicator that something is off.
- Arguing over the little things – when minor trigger behaviours become the source of heated discussions repeatedly.
- Keeping secrets – although each person has a right to privacy, intentionally withholding information from a partner isn’t healthy.
- Thoughts or actions of adultery – while fantasizing about an affair is different than acting on one, both instances require some serious introspective discussions.
In order to deal with problems in your relationship effectively, it’s best to seek help sooner rather than later. For couples from Calgary and surrounding areas, contact Liberty Counselling to make an appointment. Our counsellor can help you learn new ways of relating to your partner.